Amazon Web Services (AWS) has revealed the 20 companies selected to participate in the first cohort of the AWS Emerging Technologies Accelerator.
The AWS Emerging Technologies Accelerator is specifically designed for pre seed-stage to series A startups in the UK & Ireland to support their development. The cohort includes early-stage UK and Ireland based startups operating in emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and generative AI, blockchain, web3 and internet-of-things (IoT).
Companies selected for the cohort include:
- Symbiotix Health – a health-data company building a marketplace using blockchain technology to maintain trade integrity and authenticity of health data.
- Psyrin – a company using AI to analyse speech patterns in mental health assessments, providing solutions for mental health providers that empower earlier assessment, ongoing monitoring, and the potential to intervene where necessary.
- SUN ZU Lab – a fintech company providing data solutions including monitoring dashboards, live and historical API and data file transfers for institutional investors, token foundations and trading venues, at scale to improve the transparency of the crypto ecosystem.
- Ask Clara – a financial services startup building portfolio performance analytics for wealth managers that will drive client engagement and understanding of their investments.
- Leo CybSec LTD – a company aiming to help businesses reduce cyber threats with 20+ years of collective cyber experience enabling businesses to stay safe and implement updated cyber security solutions.
The AWS Emerging Technologies Accelerator aims to support startups across industries, offering resources to accelerate their growth, including access to cloud support and industry specialists, fundraising tools and support, business strategy sessions, and accepted startups will get up to $25k, and the winner up to $100k in AWS Activate credits. The selected cohort will also have access to a wide community and network of VCs, and compliance, technology, and innovation experts.
Startups working with AWS can access the broadest and deepest set of capabilities of any cloud provider. AWS has been continually expanding its services to support virtually any cloud workload, and it now has more than 200 fully featured services, including emerging technologies such as ML and AI, IoT, and virtual and augmented reality.
Accelerator participants will benefit from an online programme running across the next four weeks, with access to AWS expertise across technical and business skills, mentorship, networking, and training to grow successful emerging technology companies underpinned by the cloud.
Earlier this year, AWS also announced the global AWS Generative AI Accelerator (and later, its cohort), a 10-week programme (May 24 – July 27) designed to take the most promising generative AI startups around the globe to the next level.
Sam Edge, global head, Fintech for Startups at AWS, said: “At AWS we are leveraging our deep experience with emerging technologies such as AI, IoT, and web3 to help startups redefine their products and reshape customer experiences. This accelerator programme gives early stage entrepreneurs access to AWS experts and technology, along with hands on guidance for building, marketing, and selling their products. By levelling the playing field for startups and democratising access to AWS Cloud technologies, we enable these businesses to accelerate their growth.”
Chas Dabhia CEO & founder, Symbiotix, said: “Taking part of the AWS Emerging Technologies Accelerator programme means we get access to specialised AWS solution architects to help the development of our platform, which extracts and transforms medical data into interoperable formats for multiple end-use applications. We look forward to deepening our relationship with AWS and discovering new AWS technologies that will enable the Symbiotix platform to facilitate and streamline medical data transactions.”
Want to learn more about blockchain from industry leaders? Check out Blockchain Expo taking place in Amsterdam, California and London.
Explore other upcoming enterprise technology events and webinars powered by TechForge here.